In the business simulation WIWAG®, management teams take over a medium-sized production company. They are in a tough competition in the market for an technical consumer product with a selling price of approximately CHF 100. All aspects of business management and corporate governance are mapped systemically.
Interconnections in fundamental business management knowledge are made while playing the WIWAG® business simulation and experienced with a longterm effect. Because of the lower level challenge, WIWAG® is also suitable for beginners in business studies, but can also be used above this level. The complexity can be adapted to target group. Priorities can be experienced within the business simulation scenarios and action-oriented systemic through specific wells.
WIWAG® enables the participants to:
- discover basic aspects of company management in a technical environment with the help of a holistic model.
- take actual decisions from various management areas of a company.
- gain fundamental insights into the comprehensive economic process.
- work together in groups or as a team in a targeted manner.
Discover more about WIWAG® in a free and non-binding consultation.
The model is based on three to five competing production companies selling a technical consumer product within the country and abroad through various distribution channels:
|Universities of applied sciences|
Options for use
The design allows the use at several different levels of requirement. A certain amount of fundamental business knowledge can be communicated. However, the main objective is to develop and promote understanding of economic aspects based on the example of company management. At the same time, WIWAG is also suitable for improving the interpersonal and communication skills of the game players in group and team work.
- Report with economic data from the 4 business environments
- Financial statement with profit and loss account, balance sheet and key data, together with detailed information from the following departments: financial, human resources, assets, materials and energy, information, production, warehouse, sales
- Detailed course facilitation report with all company information
- Decision record
- Overview of effect indices for rapid analysis
Phase 1: Introduction, organisation and familiarisation
Phase 2: 4-5 management game rounds with assessments by course facilitators
Phase 3: General meeting of the companies, evaluation and conclusion
- 1 to 4 days
- As a rule, 4-5 management game rounds are played.
- The time required can be adjusted by including/removing certain focal topics.
- Compact and straightforward teaching materials
- If required: materials are ideally supplemented by the book by Dr. Michael Käppeli "Betriebswirtschaft und Unternehmensführung – eine Einführung in unternehmerisches Denken und Handeln" (Business Economics and Company Management - an Introduction to Entrepreneurial Thought and Action)
- Extensive course facilitation materials
- Collection of structured group work tasks in various topic areas
- Helpful downloads available in the login section
German, French, Italian, English, Slovakian