OEKOWI® is a teaching concept that takes up this challenge. Based on a computer-supported simulation, the network of connections between economics and commerce, between state and company management, between business, society and nature are revealed. This many-layered simulation model is based on a realistic scenario.
OEKOWI® enables the participants to:
- understand the economically and legally relevant effects of ecological and social behaviour.
- improve, by intensive co-operation between the different groups, the overall situation in the model state of "Ecoland", with regard to prosperity and welfare.
- Consciously address conflicting aims of state and company management and search for solutions within and also between the acting groups.
- Work together in groups or as a team in a targeted and solution-oriented manner.
Discover more about OEKOWI® in a free and non-binding consultation.
The participants assume various functions in "Ecoland" (households, government, business). Depending on the complexity further groups (e.g. political parties) can be simulated:
|Higher universities of applied sciences|
Interesting results can also be achieved with heterogeneously composed groups. OEKOWI can be used in cross-boundary co-operation between business and administration or between different levels of manage-ment as an efficient means of team development training. For optimum implementation, there should be between 18 and 30 people taking part.
Options for use
The open basic design of OEKOWI makes it possible to include real and contemporary developments in the economy, government, society and ecology. This enables working on focal topics or problems specific to certain sectors. The course participants are actively trained in dealing with complex, reciprocal processes in the areas mentioned. Thanks to the different communication platforms, OEKOWI can also be used as decision-making, communication, conflict and presentation training. This means that OEKOWI targets promotion of interpersonal and team development skills.
As preparation for decision-making and monitoring of success, the groups have comprehensive financial statements available:
|For all groups||Statistical Yearbook for ECOLAND|
|Government, media, commissions||Explanations of state budget|
|Companies||Individual financial statement|
|Budget||Individual budget statement|
|Course facilitators||Course facilitation report|
With the help of these documents, it is possible to make comprehensive assessments of your own and of collective actions. The phases of reflection and preparation for decision making can be supplemented by subject-specific papers, presentations, exchanges of experience etc.
Phase 1: Familiarisation / organisation
Phase 2: 3-5 management game rounds with assessments by course facilitators
Phase 3: Final conference, evaluation and conclusion
- 2 to 5 days
- As a rule, 3-5 management game rounds are played.
- The time required can be adjusted by including/removing certain focal topics.
- Compact teaching materials
- Extensive course facilitation materials
- Helpful downloads available in the login section