ECOMAN, like our other product WIWAG®, is a business management learning concept. ECOMAN differs from WIWAG® in offering four different game levels for selection, meaning that more complicated economic aspects can be represented. ECOMAN is excellently suited to linking and experiencing fundamental business knowledge based on the example of the management of a medium-sized production company with technical products.
ECOMAN enables the participants to:
- discover basic aspects of company management in a technical environment with the help of a holistic model.
- take actual decisions from various management areas of a company.
- gain fundamental insights into the comprehensive economic process.
- comprehend company development due to introducing a new product or entering a new market.
- work together in groups or as a team in a targeted manner.
Discover more about ECOMAN in a free and non-binding consultation.
The model is based on competing production companies able to sell one or two technical products within the country or abroad:
Options for use
ECOMAN is used for levels of requirement that cannot be covered by WIWAG.
The various game levels allow for active communication of management knowledge, even of its complicated aspects Training can be given particularly well on special topics such as cost accounting, the introduction of new products and the opening up of new sales markets. At the same time, the interpersonal and communication skills of the game players can be improved in group and team work.
- Financial statement with profit and loss account, balance sheet and key data, together with detailed in-formation from the following departments: financial, human resources, assets, materials and energy, production, warehouse, sales
- Additional reports: Profit contribution statement per product and market, cash flow statement, value added statement, budget comparison (comparison of budget amounts with figures from the annual fi-nancial statement).
- Detailed course facilitation report with all company information
- Decision record
- Overview of effect indices for rapid analysis
- Large number of graphs to provide an overview of several years
Phase 1: Introduction, organisation and familiarisation
Phase 2: 4-5 management game rounds with assessments by course facilitators
Phase 3: General meeting of the companies, evaluation and conclusion
- 1 to 4 days
- As a rule, 4-5 management game rounds are played.
- The time required can be adjusted by including/removing certain focal topics.
- Compact and straightforward teaching materials
- If required: materials are ideally supplemented by the book by Dr. Michael Käppeli "Betriebswirtschaft und Unternehmensführung – eine Einführung in unternehmerisches Denken und Handeln" (Business Economics and Company Management - an Introduction to Entrepreneurial Thought and Action)
- Extensive course facilitation materials
- Helpful downloads available in the login section
German, English, French, Spanish